It is very important that parents call the school the morning you are keeping your child home from school. It is the parent's responsibility to clear absences. Any absence that is not cleared in 3 days will be marked unexcused. The 24 hour attendance reporting line is 891-3114, ext. 102.
School personnel will consider the circumstances and reasons for each student absence and determine whether the absence is excused or unexcused. Given parent authorization, school personnel will excuse a student absence from school for the following reasons:
- To receive medical, dental, optometrical or chiropractic services
- Exclusion from school for health and safety (not more than 5 days)
- Exclusion from school for head lice/nits ( 2 days)
- Attendance at funeral services for a member of immediate family
- Observance of a religious holiday/ceremony
- Quarantine under the direction of a county or city health officer.